I've been asked a few times what has come from this post, so I thought I would share bits and pieces here on the blog.
Lara Casey pretty much summed it up for me in the print above.
My love for decorating is strong and undeniable, it's really and truly my passion. I've been doing a lot thinking and a lot of soul searching. And this is what I've come up with so far:
- though I have an unbelievable amount of respect for interior designers, it is not for me, interior decorating however, is
- the thought of helping people achieve the most out of their space and creating a place that they can truly take pride in makes my heart smile.
- I have an undeniable love for fabrics, paint colours, furniture, decor items, etc...the list goes on, to work with all of the above would be a dream
- family is and will always be my first priority. I need flexibility, it's the only way that this can work
- understanding every element of decorating is very important to me. I need to have this knowledge to even begin attempting any sort of decorating project so I've been studying anytime I have a free moment. There is a lot to know, there is a lot to learn, but I'm eager to learn it all. Eager and excited
- learning about design and decorating has made my heart smile, I kid you not. Even if I only use this knowledge to help myself or even friends and family members, I'll be happy because it's what I love
- experience is needed. My house is the perfect test site. It's coming, slowly but surely
- I in no way what to rush things or jump in too soon. I will be taking my time, however long it takes. When I'm ready...for whatever works best and again, I have no clue what that is at this time. The answer will come, in due time, I'm sure
So that's that! Hopefully it gives you a little insight as to what is going on over here.
I will share more as soon as I can!