You see, I knew that this wouldn't be an easy job, but I don't think I really knew what I was getting into until I started to take the chairs apart.
But, I've started and I am going to give it a go. I cleverly started with the smaller of the two chairs...hoping it would be a touch easier, but still, it's going to be tricky.
I have to say it was pretty neat to see what was beneath the oh-so-retro yellow velvet. Just the craftsmanship and all. I'm wondering when these chairs were originally made. I should look into it.
Anyhow, the process has begun and this is where it currently sits (no pun intended, har har):
The fabric has been ordered from Tonic Living. I decided to go with this one:
It's the same ikat dot that I used to make the pillows for the family room with, just a different colour.
The chairs will be going in the nook upstairs on the second level. My hopes are to make it a reading area, a place to go and relax a bit. There is a beautiful window and a lovely vaulted ceiling in the nook, so it's the perfect place for a little quiet time.
Promise to keep you posted on the end result of the chair reupholstering. I daily wine intake may rise ever so slightly until this project is finished. Ha!