I can't even begin to tell you the amazing feeling I get when I've finally figured out the solution to a design problem. I've been pondering the zip clutch I posted here. There was something that just wasn't right. I liked it, but I didn't love it.
So I stepped away from the sewing machine, and took some time to think about what it was that I didn't quite like.
Last night, I came up with ways to tweak the design ever so slightly. Well, those slight changes made a huge difference!
Here is the new version:
rounded the bottom corners and added an inch to the width
made the strap a little stiffer
added sequins to the ruffle
all zipped up!
peek of the interior
I like the simplicity, the function and the versatility of this clutch. I like the organic feel of the twill tape and the glam of the sequins.
This is only one of a couple of options that I will offer. I may even keep the previous design (still rounded corners, but no sequins on the ruffle), I haven't yet decided....will once again take some time to debate.
One step closer!